Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The genius of the Bush


I had put Aerial to sleep for a while, as I had listened to it too often with frustrated perseverence when it was first released. Was Kate taking the piss? I am now convinced that she was in some respects. She was fed up with being 'hounded' about producing a new album, and I imagine she finally relented by saying something akin to the following: 'look, seriously this is what my life is like now - all mundane and beautiful - a little boy, the countryside and housework - this is my life now and I really don't think it will interest anyone, but if you insist I'll write about what's in my head'... Maybe she's not so much deliberately laughing at us, but I think the album comes with a definite 'shrug' gesture.

NEVERTHELESS - I love Pi and I adore Joanni (and like so many others, I really enjoy that climax of the second disc)... I love Joanni so much that today I day-dreamed about calling my daughter Joanni if I should ever have one - will be tough seeing as I thought I'd settled on Maya. The relgious connotations of Joan of Arc are obviously not something I want to conjure up (although her strength of character is something entirely admirable of course), and I have been very taken by the beauty of Maya Angelou's life -

...but Joanni, such a great name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home