Monday, October 13, 2008

Two complaints to two big companies, is this healthy?

I am fast turning into someone Alan Bennett might write about, a lady of letters of sorts. I am both embarrassed and pleased by my overwhelming desire to fight consumer injustice.
1. THREE (the mobile phone company): Over 4 years ago I had a £99 friends and family 3 month trial. I returned the phone and cancelled the contract after a couple of months in view of the fact that few people had 3G phones yet. I then received a load of fabricated bills from 3 - which, after long discussions with customer services turned out to be the result of a 'massive computer error' and was assured that my account had been closed and that I owed nothing.
Last week I got phoned up by a debt collecting agency informing me that I owed 3 £113.40. I basically told them it was a load of bollox but went through quite a lot of stress and time speaking to people who hadn't got a clue what I was talking about in India, emailing/writing and not being able to access Head Office. After a couple of days I finally got a response and apology, and eventually the issue was resolved... After a bit of a fuss and an insulting offer of £30, I got sufficient compensation.
2. GINSTERS: I bought a Ginsters sausage roll - it was full of gristle, disgusting. I sent it back to them. They sent me a £5 postal order for my troubles, nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home