Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Gymtastic

The day I joined a gym (aka yesterday) brought back memories of the day I bought my first mobile phone. I had ranted objections for the preceding years until peer pressure broke me down and/or my materialistic side got the better of me...
Right now, I am heavier than I have ever been in my life (post-marital bliss they say), drink too much alcohol and do very little exercise. I know this to be quite stupid but finding the will-power to do anything about has not been easy. I am generally quite healthy and slim-ish so have never dieted etc. and don't think I need to do that so much as exercise... Oh, and the Mr is the same, except he's arguably in a worse condition than I... Oh jesus, what am I saying. Neither of us are over-weight, but we're lethargic and can feel those extra inches...
So, how can I morally and fiscally defend my decision? I'm not sure, 'cept to say the gym is gorgeous, its only around the corner and has a lovely swimming pool.
Swimming pooooooooooooooooooool with different coloured lights and classical music.
Water....
Swimming....

Right back to bloody work in my little office.

Do you know, joining a gym makes me feel more grown-up than buying a house or getting married. Is that normal?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home