Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Always thinking about the next thing

Apparently, according to one of my best friends, I am constantly thinking about 'what's happening next' and she worries that I never allow myself to enjoy, experience or even acknowledge the here and now. This weekend, bbqs and sun meant that there was a lot of sitting around - even though we had friends and were entertaining... she was right, when it was the morning I was thinking about what we were going to do in the afternoon, the afternoon the evening etc. etc.

I'm sure this has something to do with being a jack of all trades, master of none... a lack of patience with the constant and a thirst for variety and speedy progress. It is a fickle existence I guess you could say and it must be frustrating for those around me.

On the other hand, I get frustrated sometimes by some of my friends' lack of ambition and contentment with just 'existing'... Not sure how we can reach a compromise here, but I'm gonna try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home